Wednesday, November 11, 2009

So Long, Farewell, Auf Weidersehen, Good-bye

Is it us?

Do we emit a foul body odor?

I swear I brush my teeth at LEAST once every few weeks... but our dear friends just keep abandoning us! It's really horrible. Last week our close friends Trent and Sarah and precious chubby Rowan left the inferno of Phoenix for the sinful inferno of Las Vegas.

I don't really like to talk about it. But, if I must, I best do it here for the world wide web to feel my pain.

(BTW, don't answer the odor question TRENT, it was rhetorical.)


Pictured above are the three of them all decked out as "Newsies" for Halloween. And pictured below at their going away "packing party". The invitation went a little something like this... "Come over for a farewell BBQ with us, and if you happen to move a couch or bed while you're here, we wouldn't mind." Clever, those two. Very clever.

The Porters moved into the Kyrene Ward the very same Sunday as Greg and I. August of 2006. We had them over for dinner with the Leavitts, a few weeks later. We laughed so hard our cheeks (on the face, not the bum, GEEZ) hurt. We haven't stopped laughing since. :) How lucky we are to have friends like the Porters. They are the kind of people that buoy you up and support you and invite you over for game night and babysit your kid and kick your booty in exercise class and joust back and forth with sarcastic jabs. What better friends could you want?

As our last "Hoorah" - we went down to Casa Grande on Saturday to watch Sarah, Bonnie and our friend Holly participate in a triathlon. As Greg and I have our triathlon in almost 2 weeks, we thought it would also be wise to see what these events were all about. It got us so excited!!!


Sorry Sarah - you knew this picture would end up here. She borrowed my new road bike and took it on it's maiden triathlon voyage!! Just one minor set back - the helmet on backwards. We laughed at her the entire 40 minutes she was riding. Just glad she didn't have her swimsuit on backwards as well. In her defense, it was my helmet and she had only worn it once before. Still funny. Man though... isn't that a SEXY bike???

Holly crossing the finish line. I just love this picture. I was so proud of all my friends!! It was the first triathlon for all three of them and they did SO AWESOME!!! GO GIRLS!

My brush with fame! Sione (from last season's The Biggest Loser) was also in the race. I was so star struck that I actually went up and talked to him. Mumbled on about how impressed I was with his weight loss and more jumbling about how I thought it was cool that he was still so active. I'm sure I was embarrassing, but he was SO nice and cordial.

The girls after the race! WHEW!
And why in the WORLD would you do a triathlon if not to consume MAJOR calories at IHOP afterward? Oh wait. I didn't do the triathlon, but still consumed calories. Oops. In any case, IHOP was our last supper with the Porters before they hit the road to their new abode in Vegas.

So long Porters!!! You will be GREATLY missed in Arizona!!! Come back again real soon. We'll leave the light on for ya'.

4 comments:

azandersens said...

Wow, I feel so lucky to have made your blog. :) Maybe I should have used your bike or maybe I should have worn my helmet backwards, or maybe I should have TRAINED? Whatever it was Sarah SMOKED me on the bike. It was so fun! Love you guys!

Lana said...

Tammy, who doesn't end up with hurt cheeks (upper OR lower) after a dinner party with you?! You're hilarious. And I loved this post--it was really sweet. At tough times like this I always suggest putting on a little "Harmony" CD and listening to "So Hard to Say Goodbye". It will ease the pain a bit. :)

Sarah and Trent said...

I was just thinking about that fun first dinner with you guys, with a huge smile on my face~ I was wondering if we'll find any other friends as fun as you here. plphphphph (me sticking out my tongue)
I love how I'm the one flexing and the other girls forgot-- they're smiling! ha!
thanks for the pics! Blue Steel ROCKS the house!! Was that her name? hmmm

TP said...

My bum cheeks did hurt pretty badly after that first dinner. Thanks for taking us in as pity friends, it was really quite nice and I'm sure you will be blessed for having done so.

Sorry to hear about your body odor problem, but you may want to have that looked into, it was a big reason we decided to move. Seriously, deodorant, soap, perfume, a baby diaper, etc. Anything would be better...

We'll miss you guys...