She comes all the way from Kentucky every 3-4 months to spend time with her parents who live in Mesa, my sister Laura and my family.
Her most recent visit was last week and she worked her little bum off helping us. Before her visit, I called and told her she might as well get a day care license while she visits because we desperately needed her babysitting assistance with Emma all week.
She happily obliged.
Notice my Mom's sexy boot. She broke her ankle while at the Hill Cumorah Pageant this summer and is still recovering. She moves around rather quickly for her ailment. Didn't really slow her down much. Always a trooper.
Of course, one of the main reasons my Mom chose this weekend was to see the premiere performance of Rob Gardner's "Lamb of God". Greg was a soloist, playing Thomas the Apostle. She was glad she made the trip to see this incredible show. It really was so powerful. I was able to attend both nights thanks to BOTH Grandma's babysitting and wish I could see it a dozen more times. Greg had a miracle with his voice on Friday. He had been suffering from some sinus congestion and Friday afternoon he called me from work and could barely talk. He was absolutely panicked. I told him to come home early and we could do some "google doctoring" with home remedies for his throat. On the way home he received a Priesthood blessing from his brother Jeff promising that he would be able to sing later that night. We were prayerful and he came home to "steam" his throat for the afternoon.
When he left the house, he was feeling much better, but I was still nervous. When he started to sing his solo (which happens to be the grand finale solo of the whole production) I was grasping my fingers so tightly I lost feeling in them. I knew he had three high notes to hit in the song... and with each one I closed my eyes and prayed "please, please, please". After he hit the third one BEAUTIFULLY, tears streamed down my face, and I knew we had witnessed a small miracle in our home. He had a message to sing and the Lord made it possible for him to do so. We were both so grateful.
My sister took a video of his solo during the dress rehearsal, but we're still having technical difficulties uploading it to you tube... so in the meantime, you can see the following video of "Hosanna", which has shots of Greg and I recording with the choir. When you look at my chubby self, please remember that I have an excuse for being my size, OK? :)
If you missed the show, you DO NOT want to miss ordering the CD at spiremusic.org. But, just as an FYI, although you will hear Greg and I mixed in with the choir, Greg does not sing any solos on the recording, he just performed in the live version. Thank you Rob Gardner for a memorable experience and life altering music! It is one we will always remember.
When he left the house, he was feeling much better, but I was still nervous. When he started to sing his solo (which happens to be the grand finale solo of the whole production) I was grasping my fingers so tightly I lost feeling in them. I knew he had three high notes to hit in the song... and with each one I closed my eyes and prayed "please, please, please". After he hit the third one BEAUTIFULLY, tears streamed down my face, and I knew we had witnessed a small miracle in our home. He had a message to sing and the Lord made it possible for him to do so. We were both so grateful.
My sister took a video of his solo during the dress rehearsal, but we're still having technical difficulties uploading it to you tube... so in the meantime, you can see the following video of "Hosanna", which has shots of Greg and I recording with the choir. When you look at my chubby self, please remember that I have an excuse for being my size, OK? :)
If you missed the show, you DO NOT want to miss ordering the CD at spiremusic.org. But, just as an FYI, although you will hear Greg and I mixed in with the choir, Greg does not sing any solos on the recording, he just performed in the live version. Thank you Rob Gardner for a memorable experience and life altering music! It is one we will always remember.
7 comments:
I was there Friday night! I heard those beautiful high notes!! I am stunned to learn wheat i just learned about his voice on Friday, I NEVER could have guessed! Yahoo for miracles! And for Greg! And for Lamb of God! And for Rob! and for your mom!!
I am glad your Mom gets to come so often! I love it when my parents come and I get free babysitting. :) Thanks for sharing Greg's miracle. I so wish I could come see it in person!
wow that music is magnificent ! wow - I listened to the Gethsamane piece on YOUTube - and cried. What amazing talent,amazing music, what an awesome experience for you.
Also I still haven't congratulated you on your new little wee one coming in January!so many miracles in your life these past few months ! ( sarahlo porter's mom)
I always love your posts and "hearing" what is going on with your family! This time, I gotta say, that picture of Emma with the stickers made me laugh. Just today Noah had those exact same stickers stuck all over him too-up the bridge of his nose, all along his chin, on his eyelids, etc. Too funny!
My cd is in the mail, but I may as well send it back if Greg isn't on the recording! :( Okay, maybe not, but Greg is one of all our time favorite singers. Up there with Carrie Underwood and Lea Michele (from Glee).
Wow gorgeous!! Such an incredible composition.. do you think you guys could just perform the whole show for Conference or something!? I wish I could have seen it. What a fantastic story about Greg hitting the high notes.
That really gave me some chills!
ps I hope your sinus stuff gets better.
178 sinus infections? Dang girl, you're a trooper!
Post a Comment