We done been learnin' and teachin' ourselves a whole lots a stuffs 'round here.
I was asked to teach two evening courses at South Mountain Community College again this semester. I was thrilled they invited me back. One course is the same study skills class as last semester which makes it easy for prep work. The second is a "Human Relations" course in the behavioral science department. It's brand new to me and there is no text book and no course materials... AT ALL. Makes preparation each week a bit daunting, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the course and have had a fantastic time teaching it to my wonderful students the last 3 weeks.
Both classes are only 10 weeks, so our crazy evening schedule during the week will only be temporary. I took a brief hiatus from Tempe Symphony so that I was not gone three evenings a week, but I'll start playing again in October for the second concert.

In the meantime, Miss Emma has been teaching her animals how to read...

And to make her outdoor reading more comfortable, she pulled her sleeping bag onto the patio, all by herself . You have to admit that reading on the cement would not be ideal.


We've also been teaching ourselves about more GREAT parks in the Phoenix area. One we tried a few weeks ago was the McCormick Railroad Park in Scottsdale. Emma's boyfriend Roman LOVES Thomas the Train and it did not take her long to latch on to the fetish as well. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do... am I right? In any case, the railroad park was her DREAM come true.


The have a little train (that is suspiciously the same blue as Thomas...) that you can ride for $2. It pulls you all around the park and Emma had the time of her life, if you can't tell by her happier than life grin. Remind me never to ride a toy train again, it makes me look fat.

Emma has also been learning the joys of ripping off all couch cushions for some R & R with her stuffed animals.

And I finally got around to making Emma a new batch of homemade play dough so that I could continue her alphabet learning with these AWESOME letter stampers from Lakeshore Learning. Seriously one of the best purchases of Emma's little life. She loves them and so do I.

Our little baby boy has been learning how to kick his Mommy at all times of the day and night. I'm trying to teach him how to use "nice hands" and "nice feet". Not going so well. At least it means he is active, which is always good for a growing fetus.
8 comments:
Glad to know that you are doing well. We are hoping to get to go hear Greg sing tonight. Are you going to be there?
We love that park too! We've only been once but it was super fun. Except that Wyatt was creeped out on the carousel. You would never know because he loves the one at SSS mall (that he faithfully rides each week). I guess the louder music and the vintage feel of the ride was too much. But he did LOVE the train ride. Tell Greg Good Luck (oh and Rob). Can't wait for tomorrow. Lloyd with a full orchestra! Oh!
I love Emma's face in that last picture CUTE! I think that I might need to invest in those Letter cutters. So glad that you are enjoying teaching-your students are sure lucky to have you. Sorry about the baby kicks, I know exactly how you feel :(
At least it's only riding trains that make you look fat (which, of course is not true). Being alive makes me look fat.
Such fun you guys have been having! As soon as I saw Emma reading on a slab of cement bundled up for warmth in her sleeping bag in the chilly AZ weather, it made me want to do the exact same thing! Hilarious picture. Didn't she feel the need for a pillow out there on the ground?? sheesh. :)
So cute! Hooray for babies kicking your belly!! So exciting/painful. :)
Tams, you look great! I have been so bad at checking blogs...I am so impressed! You have motivated me to do better at my own blog! :) Thanks! PS How is the potty training going? I'm working with Josh and he is 3 1/2 and NOT responding to all my methods! :)
That's great you get to teach again, I bet it's a lot of fun. Emma is adorable, as ever. Do you think she could teach Aliya to read too when she comes for Christmas?
Loved your comment, "Remind me not to ride toy trains." Don't worry, I'll remind you the next time you want to ride one with me. :)
Post a Comment