Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Zoobilee Zoo

You know you watched this show as a kid.

You Tube the opening theme song to refresh your memory.

And no, Zoobilee Zoo has nothing to do with my post, but I was trying to think of a "catchy" blog post title and the theme song kept running through my head.

We have been enjoying the beautiful weather and FINALLY began using our annual zoo passes again.

In all fairness to myself, I did tell Greg that I would not be attending the zoo if the temp went above 90, and he agreed to let me buy the annual pass anyway. Don't judge me. Our zoo has a veritable plethora of horrible hills and LONG walks between exhibits. Pushing a stroller with a 35 pound heavy weight toddler in a temperature over 90 could very well put me into early labor. :)

Believe me, when the weather is nice, with the zoo a mere 10 minutes away, we get our money's worth.

This time - we got to go with cousins!

The kids were so great during the funeral process. While the adults were madly running around trying to secure details, the kids played quite contently at Grammie Lou's house for hours on end.

By the time Monday rolled around, they were all getting restless and we decided a trip to the zoo was in order. It was so fun to go with Anna and Isaac (Jamie's kids) who live in Texas and Taytum (Kurt's daughter).

The kids had a great time together. And Monday is the PERFECT day to go to the zoo, because nobody else is there!

Love this shot. Anna playing hide and seek. Taytum anxiously running to find a place to hide. And Emma standing there looking completely void of excitement for the game and/or the rules.

The goat petting station. It reeks of mammal urine... but the kids love it. What's a Mom to do?


The girls chatting it up with Mr. Horse. Of all the animals at the zoo... they loved the horses the most. WHA? They have koalas, komodo dragons, tigers. Nah. We'll stick with the horse.

And the favorite stop of all? The sea shell that looks suspiciously similar to the one that Ariel is supposed to sing from at the beginning of "Little Mermaid". Each girl had to take a turn pretending to be Ariel and for the rest of the zoo trip, they were all referencing each other as Ariel or Ariel's friend.

All in all, a very successful trip to the zoo. And going with cousins always makes it that much more enjoyable. Thanks for a fun day!!

7 comments:

Sarah and Trent said...

I did start singing that song when I saw your title!! Totally loved that show. Now I'm realizing, man that fox guy is kinda creepy...

Ashlee said...

It's a good thing that Emma has some older girl cousins to look up to :) What a fun trip!

Allyson & Jere said...

Do you mean to say Jamie and Gina are still here and I haven't had the pleasure of seeing them. Sadness.

Looks like a fun day. I agree whole heartedly, the zoo SUCKS unless it's a lovely 70+ degrees and going with cousins makes it all the better.

Leah said...

Ah, hello? Little girls? Of course, the horse is the best thing there! I could be a little bias, I guess:) Or maybe they just need to watch Aladdin more?

Corinda said...

I love that the horse is still their favorite. Hope we get to go to the zoo when we come for Christmas. :)

Heather B said...

Oh man, you are so lucky to live close to the zoo! That would totally make the annual pass worth it! Tell Greg how sorry I am for the loss of his father. I hope you guys are doing okay.

Unknown said...

Okay, I didn't think I knew Zoobilee Zoo until I followed your advice and watched it on YouTube. Turns out, I did watch it when I was little...but not often. Looks like you guys had a great time!