My darling daughter. You turned 3-years-old on January 11th. 1-11-11. Pretty cool date, huh? This year was a little different than past years. Your baby brother Grant was born 9 days previous and truthfully, he was your main birthday present. Although, I always hope to separate your birthdays as much as possible to make you both feel that you birthday is your special day.
You are a very bright, advanced, independent 3-year-old. Sometimes these characteristics can be very frustrating, but sometimes they are wonderful. You have adjusted extremely well to our new baby. You help me out when needed and you are patient when I need to take care of Grant. You are only jealous of the baby when your Daddy is holding him. Often to be heard saying, "Daddy, can you give the baby to Mommy so that you can hold me"?
You are such a bright ray of sunshine in our home. You are always talking and giggling and dancing. You LOVE to play with your princesses and you can always be heard singing. Most of the time you are singing songs of your own creation and your sweet voice is music to my ears. You love to play with your friends and frequently list off all of your friends' names for me. Although you enjoy playing, you have a VERY DIFFICULT time sharing toys. It can be extremely exasperating for me and I desperately hope that having a little brother will "refine" your sharing skills.
You went into Sunbeams last Sunday for the first time. You really enjoyed being in the "big kid" Primary and your teachers said that you did a fantastic job. Probably because there were no toys for you to fight over. :) Technically you should have been in nursery for one more year, because you missed the 3-year-old deadline by 11 days. However, the Primary leaders were kind and allowed you early entry.
To celebrate your birthday, on January 10th, we had a very small dinner with Aunt Laura, Grammie Lou and Grandma Krebs. Grandma Krebs made a yummy Chinese dinner and made you cherry cupcakes (with sprinkles at your request). We opened up some presents. Everyone was very kind and got you nice gifts. You were quite excited to get MORE presents so close to Christmas. All of these new toys have been very beneficial to keep you entertained while I care for Grant. On your actual birthday, Grandma Krebs took you to the park and to McDonald's. That evening your Dad took you to Chuck E. Cheese on a father/daughter date. You were thrilled.
Your Dad and I were married 5 years before you joined our family, but we can not imagine our life without you. It seems like you have always been with us and you will never know the joy that you bring into our life. We waited so long to hold you in our arms and not a day goes by that I am not grateful for your special spirit in our home. Thank you for all the love you share with us and with those in whom you come in contact.
Happy Birthday Sweet Angel. We Love You So Much!
Mom
4 comments:
What a nice idea to write a letter on her birthday. It looks like she was spoiled. Glad to hear she likes Grant. I sent something today do be on the lookout.
I don't know why I thought you all were having another girl, but I love little-big Grant Loyd. Chunchy and yummy, just how we like em! Sounds like all is well for you and baby. Nothing more exciting then going into labor during wee hours of the morning.
Glad that Emma's adjusting to the change. It's a big event for them too. Hope things continue smoothly.
We're waiting for the big event around this household too. Reading you post makes me feel like I need to do more to get ready. Take care.
Happy Birthday Emma! Sorry your loser cousins forgot to call you! Love you!!
Emma is lucky your primary let her in early, they didn't do that for McKinley. Her friends turned three right before the end of the year and nursery was extremely hard that last year when she was the oldest. Yay for them breaking the rules!
Post a Comment