Monday, February 21, 2011

The first shall be last, and the last shall be first

I do a few things differently with the second baby. Maybe you too?

For example...

When Emma made her church debut as an infant, I stewed for DAYS preparing the most perfect outfit in my mind. Grant made his church debut in his pajamas, because I was running late.


With Emma I spent extra time and money and energy washing all of her infant clothes in the special "Dreft" infant detergent.

Grant's clothes are lucky to be washed. And when they are, it is definitely with the rest of the family and our normal Tide detergent.

Grant however, does have some perks.

With Emma, we were purchasing so many NEW items for our first baby, that we accepted and used any free hand-me-downs. This included her activity mat and her baby swing. Grant got SERIOUS upgrades, since we really only had to buy clothes for him.

And he loves both of his new toys. He actually sleeps in the swing every night in our bedroom and is quite content in the comfy seat. And when I first laid him down to play with his activity mat, he kicked his legs and waved his arms around with a huge smile.


Guess there are perks to being the first and second child??

5 comments:

azandersens said...

The only thing I bought for Finn was an outfit from Fallas y Paredes. Not even kidding. It was like, we buy a new van, you get nothin'! I did just buy him a boon. I guess that's something else. :)

Krystal Trapnell said...

What are the perks of being #5? Because I don't foresee many for our upcoming love. Seriously, it may take all I have to remember to feed and clothe him/her!

Heather B said...

That swing looks NICE! Tempt me some more! Well, I'll just go tempt myself on amazon.com. I love that he went to church in his jammies. You're so right about the differences with #2. It's comic really!

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Love the pictures Tammy! They are both so cute! :)

Michelle said...

OH - he is so beautiful! and she is still so beautiful! It's fun to keep up every now and then - - thanks!
Michelle from GE & Honors