Make it a fun competition with friends or family.
That's what we did.
I've been waiting to post on our Game-On experience until it's completion, so that I could give the full review and results.Well folks, the results are in and I'm pleased to say it was FUN and it was SUCCESSFUL. We played with (or against??) my family and had a great time improving our health.
Game-On is a very well done "healthy living competition". You get points for sleeping, exercising, eating 5 small meals a day (including limited portions of lean protein, complex carb and healthy fat), drinking 3-4 liters of water, getting rid of a bad habit, working on a good habit, avoiding snacks, and communicating with your team member and opposing teams.
Over the last 4 weeks, we have made some great changes in our health and have lost weight while playing the game (Greg-8 pounds, Tammy-7 pounds).
Nope. We didn't win. The victors were Matt and Corinda, who played ferociously and obviously a little more perfect that we could muster. But really in the end, I'd have to quote your Elementary School gym teacher in saying, "we're all winners". Because it improves your quality of life and health. And there's nothing to lose in that.
Although the Game On Diet is game over. We have established great patterns for eating that will continue... and hopefully will aid in our necessary weight loss.
Try it out...
Unless you love your unhealthy ways. :)
3 comments:
Thanks for the recommendation. What a cool idea. I hope Krystal will do this with me post-baby. She's always up for some competition, right Krys?
Oh I'm glad you posted about this because I couldn't remember what Greg called it. I was telling Porter about it and the cool points system, but I was bugged that the title slipped my mind. Great job on the weight loss too! In a month's time you guys did really well, and it sounds like it isn't so extreme that it can't be maintained. Love it! :) Congrats!
I am one who loves my unhealthy ways...haha...I did do the HCG for a whole 2 weeks, and lost 14 lbs...true to the diet. But then I went on a trip to Atlanta and blew it! So, now, I am tempted to start again but it takes so much will power...and these girl scout cookies are just oh so good. :) Good work Krebs fam!
Post a Comment