Happy Belated Halloween!
We went out of town (post soon to come) immediately after Halloween and the post never made it to the blog. So the pictures are a tad late... but here nonetheless.
We we very excited to celebrate Halloween this year in our new neighborhood. Last year we moved on November 2 and just missed the Halloween festivities. But our neighborhood was overflowing with children trick or treating and we had a blast!
We ate a yummy Halloween breakfast of cantaloupe pumpkins and my "attempt" at whole wheat pancakes in the shape of spiderwebs. Dang. Those are hard to make. Next year I'll do something easier like a bat. Spider webs are tricky. But I had the fake spiders to put on top, so it all worked out. And Emma and Grant were thrilled. Gotta love Emma's bed head here.
This was a hysterical (to me, not to Emma) FAIL in the mothering department. I saw this cute little farm really close to our house. So after Emma's swimming lessons, we stopped by Sonic to get our free corn dogs and then ran by the farm to see what it was all about. I had just seen it from the road and thought it was just a pumpkin patch with some cute little "picture moments" that would be festive.
What I did NOT see from the road was the hay ride, bounce house, maze, yummy food, etc. FESTIVAL that was happening in the background. BUT. It cost a lot of money and we only had 30 minutes, so I didn't want to spend $30 for 30 minutes of fun. Had we had more time, it may have been worth it...
But Emma saw everything and she was DESPERATE to participate. I mean, DESPERATE. She could see everything through the fence and all the kids laughing and having a wonderful time and her mean, cheapskate mom would not let her go in. She'll probably need therapy later in life for this one. It's like taking your kids to Disneyland and making them stand outside the main gates watching what you are missing. In my defense, had I know there were all those wonderful things that were out of my price range, I would not have taken her there, just to taunt her. But, alas, we wandered around the FREE pumpkin patch and then went home. Poor Emma. Tough life this kid leads.
And here are my little trick or treaters. They were SO excited to get out there and get some candy!!
Grant wanted them to give him the candy in his hand and then put it in the bucket himself. And he could mumble trick or treat, but he wouldn't say more than once every 30 minute or so. He waddled his little elephant bootie around the neighborhood. Emma was elated to fill her basket with candy as well. I brought Grant home to tag team Greg has the offical "candy passer outer". Every time kids would come to the door, Grant would try to escape outside with them. A few times he even ran so fast I had to chase him down the street. Poor guy. He really really really wanted to go back out but I didn't know where Greg was in the neighborhood and didn't want him to have to walk back.
Kurt, Tara, Taytum and Kasyn came to trick or treat with Greg and Emma. They had fun wandering out neighborhood, but they had even MORE fun waiting for the kids to come to our door and handing out candy. Cute, cute cousins!!
We LOVE Halloween at our house and hope yours was wonderful as well!!






1 comment:
So cute. Love your little elephant man!
Post a Comment