The kids took an art class together on Friday mornings in January and February. It was really cute to have them in this at the same time. They would always sit by each other and play together and help each other with the projects.
Our last class on the season was fun with shaving cream and sand and water. The kids had a BLAST and have since spent at least an hour every day on our back porch playing with our water and sand box.
Emma's preschool class took a field trip to Superstition Farms on March 7, 2013. The farm was so fun and the kids had a wonderful time. We first rode a hayride and looked at all of their cows.
Then they got to feed and pet all the animals in the central area...
We got to bring with us our carpool buddy, Eli. He is such a delightful kid to have around.
I wish I could say the whole field trip went perfectly well, but it could have been one of my hardest parenting days yet. Emma was in a horrible mood and chose to disobey everything that I asked her to do. This compounded because we were in public and I was trying to keep her safe and close. She wanted to explore and was being just plain naughty. She then pushed one of her classmates off of the tractor and when I tried to put her in a small timeout, she just went APE WILD. I'm talking it was the mother load of all tantrums. Crazy like behavior. Everyone was staring. It was horrible. She continued to scream for the remainder of the field trip (remember we had a friend, so I didn't want to leave and make him cut his fun short). She screamed for a solid hour. LOUD. And all the way home in the car. By the time we dropped off her friend, I had lost my marbles. She spent the rest of the afternoon in her bedroom and had to put away all her laundry and clean up and make her bed before she came out. It took her over 2 hours to calm down and finish the chores. And I needed that time to calm down myself. PHEW! Being a parent can be really tough sometimes!!

















2 comments:
I love the picture of Emma holding the chicken. Sorry it ended up being such a rough day, although it sounds like you handled it the best way possible. :)
I've seen a 2-year-old (my niece) go ape wild, and it's not pretty. I dread the day it happens to me. Great pics though, and it looks like AMAZING weather!!!
Post a Comment