We escaped the Phoenix heat for our Fourth of July weekend, by venturing North to stay at my grandparents cabin, conveniently next to Greg's family camp site at Patrick's Pond.

Our little American girl. I think the hat looks suspiciously similar to Betsy Ross. Neadle and thread anyone?

Bonding time with Grandpa Ray. I love the way she is looking up at him.

Emma's first ride on one of the MANY Adams family toys. She really loved it and was kicking her legs and waving her arms the whole time.

Precious time spent with Great Grandpa Chuck (Tammy's Grandpa) on the porch swing. She sure looks content, doesn't she?

Where to start? My hunka hunka burnin' love in ALL his glory. How do I keep my hands off of him you say? Exhibit A - No church shoes. Exhibit B - No church socks. Exhibit C - Wrinkled short sleeved church shirt. Exhibit D - No tie. Exhibit E - Beard scruff of 5 days. Exhibit F - Undone hair (this exhibit was later fixed). If his law firm saw this, he'd probably lose his job on the spot. The Burger King around the corner is hiring though.

Some of the Adams crew in the motor home.

One very happy baby. With one very big head.

This is my grandparents cabin. The two specks on the top of the roof are Greg and my 83 year old Grandpa fixing some leakage problems. Grandpa had a rope tied around his waist that Greg was holding as his "life line". I'm really not sure it would have done much good had my Grandpa actually fallen... but it made my Grandma feel better.

Oh the beautiful mountains! The weather was GORGEOUS and we got afternoon thunderstorms each day! We sure loved our time out of the Phoenix sun and spent with family. Now if we can just help Greg pack a little better for church next time...
14 comments:
Oh My GOSH! I would expect that out of Kurt or Jeff, but Greg? So COMPLETELY UNCHARACTERISTIC OF HIM! I remember on vacations that there used to be FIGHTS about the fact that No ONE wanted to go to church except GREG. He would always pack church clothes so that he could go. To see him look like a gang banger on his way to a McD's interview is PRICELESS!
I laughed till I cried at Greg's Sunday outfit of choice:)I love both Grandpa pictures. She is such a beautiful baby! Good Work guys!Glad you enjoyed your 4th.
What a fun relaxing weekend. Just to be able to experience a thunderstorm would be fabulous.
Hey--at least he got his church pants. That would have been a little awkward if he'd had to borrow a skirt from you.
Emma is a beauty! Thanks for the pictures!
Since my wife is too kind I will now tell you why she was laughing until she cried. She said that Greg reminded her of Lance in that picture. I must add an AMEN to that comment!
It looks like you found the perfect way to celebrate the 4th!
my comment response to this post wouldn't be complete without a picture, so you'll have to link to my blog to see it. trust me, it's worth it, and it's not just a shameless attempt to promote my own blog to all of greg and tammy's millions of friends. seriously, though, that baby is adorable!
oops, i forgot the link. here it is http://seriouslycourtney.blogspot.com/2008/07/tiny-greg.html
How fun! It looks like you had a great time. Family is the best! I love the picture of Emma in her fourth of July outfit.
I don't know if the picture or Jeff Krebs comments made me laugh harder! SO FUNNY!
I was laughin' right out loud at that picture of one happy baby with one very big head. She's the cutest!! Looks like you guys had a super 4th of July, glad you made it out of the heat.
Do you wash Emma's hair with Miracle Grow? Love that picture!
How DO you keep your hands off your hunk of burnin' love? That was a great pic! Thanks for a good laugh. And I loved seeing Grandpa Chuck...he looks great! Still working on roofs? Wow! Emma gets cuter everyday. I say again: why can't we live closer????!!!! And PS I tagged you on my blog with a photo tag. Love you!
Wow, that was some photo of Greg . . . I'm speechless!
Post a Comment