Thursday, August 21, 2008

Who Hates Phone Books?

Please don't confuse me with tree huggers... I still proudly wear a bra and stay away from dread locks and broom skirts with tank tops. I do however HATE receiving phone books (seemingly) every week on my door step. I use this new fangled thing called the world wide web to look up information and I don't want the LARGE phone books cluttering up my counter tops. I end up throwing them away. I just received a link from a friend (Thanks Bonnie!) where you can stop the insanity, if you feel the same about these oversized, only good for booster seat, books.
It only takes a few seconds!

7 comments:

Shauna Leavitt said...

They make nice foot stools for little 6 and 7 years old learning to play the piano. That's the only use I can think of :-)

2 + 2+1 = 5 said...

Thank you for this! I already went and signed up!

Also, here is one for unwanted catalogs. http://www.catalogchoice.org/

My finance professor at BYU gave me one that stops credit card offers...I need to dig that one out.

azandersens said...

Thanks, Tam.

Emily Lauren said...

I use the internet for everything now too. It was sad cause our pest control guy came to spray for bugs and discovered our dusty, unused yellow pages outside. He brought it in the house for us then asked: "Can I look for my company? We just paid to get a big add in there." I felt bad because I know he needs the publicity. :( I'm discontinuing it coming to our house anyway. Thanks for the link.

Liz said...

I'm with you on this one! Phone books are great for a booster seat, or a fun stool for toddlers to climb on, but why do we need 10 different ones when we never use 1? Thanks for the tip! :)

Melanie&Skyler Cont. said...

I think we threw away 15 of these when we moved from SLC. GO NO BRAS and GO NO PHONEBOOKS!

Jackie said...

No joke, I can't stand them either! I pitch them as soon as I get them. I really want to toss them back at the people that drop them off.