Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Gee I really LOVE you and we're gonna get MARRIED!

I have returned from JJ's wedding festivities and am very happy to report that everything was absolutely wonderful!
We hopped on a plane Thursday afternoon (with the rest of the Arizona bridal party) and set out for all of the wedding excitement!

We checked into our hotel and my Aunt Sharron and I headed immediately over to JJ's bridal shower in Eugene, Oregon. After a few (thousand) missed turns, we arrived with approximately 10 minutes left of the shower. OOPS.

Never fear though! We made it for the MOST important part of the evening... THE PEDICURES! This evening is my fondest memory of the whole trip. I know it sounds silly, because the wedding DAY should be, but this was just a relaxed evening in the Newell Family living room, with an excessive and abundant amount of laughter and stories.

OK, and it doesn't hurt that someone else painted my toe nails! THANKS JULIE!!
Pictured above is my sister-in-law Ashlee (who married my brother Jeff but is also JJ's little sister), and Marilyn Newell (JJ's mother).

Pictured below are some of JJ's sisters: Amber, Jill, Julie, Beth. Have you ever seen a more BEAUTIFUL group of women?

The bride-to-be getting royal treatment.

JJ had all of her nieces and nephews walk down the aisle, hand in hand, before she entered. Ben and Natalie (picture below) STOLE THE SHOW. The were so darling. Stayed together the whole time and smiled through it all. Here they are at the wedding rehearsal.

We kicked off the wedding day with a wonderfully tasty wedding breakfast at the Newell home. Here are JJ and Zac during the toasts.

And then on to the wedding ceremony!

It was held in this stunning forest area close to Eugene. The grounds are kept beautifully and it could not have been a prettier day. JJ looked breathtaking, as usual, and Zac so dapper in his tuxedo. They made a picturesque bride and groom and were so happy.
I was lucky enough to be JJ's maid of honor... and believe me... with as many "best friends" as JJ has had throughout her life, I considered it a real honor.

Greg sang a Josh Groban song in the ceremony that was very nice. Here we are with our "didn't get a nap" toddler who was not in the best of spirits. Seconds after this photo, she grabbed our *NEW* camera and threw it onto the cobblestone walkway, cracking the lens. Yet another expensive electronic gadget that was can add to her tab. UGH!

JJ had all of her brides maids in brown and orange. It looked so pretty with the Fall colors of Oregon.

The bride and her Father.

Mr. and Mrs. Zachariah Lorenzen!!

(and their cute son Alexander)

I felt so blessed to be a part of this special moment in JJ's life. She is an impressive woman and has found a wonderful match in Zac. CONGRATULATIONS LOVE BIRDS!!

8 comments:

Heather B said...

OOh, that place looks beautiful and TAMMY! What are you, like a size 4 now? You look amazing! Let's get together with Lee and Lara and laugh our heads off. I'm so excited to live closer to 2 of the coolest human beings ever! (ok, make it 4, we can count Lee and Lara.)

Sarah and Trent said...

Wow Tammy, I must second that comment, you are lookin' slim and trim!!! Look at those calves in the pedicure picture. :) ooh hottie! And JJ and Zac look soooo happy-- love the pictures.

Leah said...

The pictures are beautiful and I am sure the setting was amazing but I think my favorite part was their son's bare feet in the last picture. Don't know why things like that appeal to me...

Lara said...

Tam, I'm laughing because when I first glanced at that picture of you in the dress with the orange sash, I thought the sash was your skin! I was like, WHOA . ..a midriff dress? .then I realized my mistake. You look so great!

Greg and Lara said...

Wow! I wish I could have been there. Thanks for the report. I love the bridesmaids dresses - you look FABULOUS in orange and brown.

Ashlee said...

I know that everyone has said it but you do look awesome! What a fun party! I am glad taht you could come!
loves!

Porter Shumway said...

Awwww! Such a HUGE congrats to JJ, that is just so wonderful and exciting! Looks like such a gorgeous location. Super sorry about your camera, that really sucks! Good thing you love that Emma so much huh? Oh, and this is ALLYSON apparently I'm logged in as Porter, since I'm at his house. Whatev.

Lana said...

Tammy, you do look amazing!!! So sorry about the camera. Ugh! The wedding looks like it was beautiful and fun-filled. Glad you guys had such a blast!