Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What Good Days Are Made Of

A good Mother's Day is made of hugs and kisses from this little thing, who makes my Mother's Day possible. She put her arms around my neck, called me pretty while stroking my face and creating a song about how much she loves me. What could possibly be better?

(Pictured here picking out all the M&M's from the trail mix. It's hereditary. Just ask Greg. It was almost a deal breaker for him.)

A good Mother's Day is also made of a wonderful breakfast prepared by my sweet Greg and a card full of cash for new maternity clothes! YAHOO.

A good Mother's Day is additionally made of gratitude for my own incredible Mother who raised a very stubborn and independent child without losing her mind. She is the quintessential queen of charity and pure love. Any kindness genes of mine probably come from her. (No offense Dad. I get plenty of other things from you.)

(Let it be known that I do not in fact endorse silly pregnancy t-shirts that say cute/tender/clever "baby on board" type sayings. Sorry if you own any. I just choose to leave them out of my wardrobe. I'm already tacky enough, don't need any help from a t-shirt.)


A good 7th Anniversary is spent in the company of Greg's HS Choir Director. Very romantic. OK, not really, but Westwood High School honored Mr. Harris on Monday evening "Mr. Holland's Opus" style and alumni were asked to return for a surprise. He was very influential in Greg's singing career, so we thought it important he participate. We're celebrating at a resort later this month.

A good 7th Anniversary is also made of beautiful tulips from my TWO LIPPED hubby. I'll save all the mushy stuff for Greg, but man do I love this guy. I'm grateful EVERY day for his willingness to marry me. He has made the last 7 years amazing. Can't wait for 70x7 more.



A good Tuesday is made of Art Class with my little artist and watching one of the last episodes of "LOST". Only TWO more episodes and my obsession can cease. Better pick up knitting.

A good Wednesday is made of a trip to the Ranch Market for the first time in a month, a visit to my Grandparents for the first time in a month, and no need for an afternoon nap with Emma for the first time in a month. Progress people. Progress.

2 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

I must quickly hide my cutesy maternity shirts before you come over! Haha, I know what you mean--if I am going to wear a shirt with a catchy saying, I want it to be "Getting Lucky in Kentucky." :)

Sarah and Trent said...

ok... um LOST? I can honestly say after this last week's episode I am just infinitely more confused. Like they're going to have time to answer all my questions now about Jacob's crazy "mother"?!! Gees.

ps I left you a voice mail. Did you get it? Anyways, just wanted to see how you're feelin!