Cancel all obligations. Check.
Eat until your stuffed. Check.
Sit on the couch and watch TV for 8-10 hours. Check.
This year we decided to take the vacation idea to the next level and enjoy our Conference weekend at my grandparent's cabin.
Laura came with us and then we invited JJ, Zac and Alexander.
It was a perfect weekend getaway.
One funny story-
The final game was Monday night. So I told Greg that if the Cats made it to the final game, I would NOT be attending my symphony rehearsal. After Kentucky lost, I said, "Well, I guess I'll be going to my symphony rehearsal". And Emma's response? "Mom, that's not gonna do us any good". Ha Ha. Clearly wondering in her little brain what symphony has to do with basketball.
This baby is a pro.
Thank you cabin for filling our emotional tanks,
and thank you excessive food for filling our physical tanks (maybe over flowing).
9 comments:
Yikes! As fun as the weekend was, I look AWFUL in those pictures!!
Tammy, your kids are adorable! I love reading about your family. Glad to see you guys are doing well.
How fun! I loved the pass to relax in bed all weekend and hear awesome messages too. The first pic of Emma is darling. So sad your cats lost. Maybe next year!
I think of that cabin with such fondness. :) And I will always taste that amazing buttermilk syrup when I think of it too.
What a fun fun weekend. Loved the 'filling our physical tanks' comment. So great.
I know jealousy and envy are frowned upon in our religion...But I think this case would be an exception...I'm JEALOUS! I want to be in the woods and away from the concrete!
Did they catch anything?
Fun! I know the Conference weekend spreads you put on and I wish we were there!
We had a great time...and I am sooo grateful that we were invited. We needed the get-away.
How fun! Thats the way to do Conference! Man we miss you guys so much! I can't believe how big Emma looks and Grant, he is seriously the CUTEST baby EVER! I swear every picture of him he looks like he is just cracking up on life! I love it!
ps. we finally watched tangled, and I SWEAR Emma looks just like Rapunzel!
Post a Comment