Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Some Summer Sizzle.

I was really looking forward to summer time, when my delusional brain thought thought that our life would "slow down".

WHA???? Not exactly Tam Bam.

Has it taken me this long to figure out that our life will never slow down?  Guess so.  And truthfully, I genuinely enjoy being active and about the city with my kids.

Here we are at the Superstition Mall Kids Club.  Wow.  Lots of kids everywhere.  Think we'll try it again in the Fall when kids are back in school.


At the Museum for Youth in Mesa.  Cutest animal exhibit right now.  Here is Dr. Emma working with her patient.


Emma has been in gymnastics and fairy tale dance class this summer.  Both of which she has LOVED.


We inherited a FREE baby grand piano from my sister Laura.  She was piano-sitting for a woman out of the country and now we get to piano-sit.  This is much easier and much more enjoyable than baby sitting.  And we finally found an electrician/handy man to hang our craigslist chandelier which I paid $150 for!!  Pretty excited about how it looks.  And pretty excited about all the money I saved, it was originally a $900 light fixture.  Thank you craigslist.


Greg and Grant playin' some hoops in our neighbor's pool.  I think he'll be a shoe-in for the Kentucky Wildcats when he's older.




Cuddle time with our new cousin Taylee!



On my way to the gym one morning I caught these little snuggle bugs and had to catch the moment.  Because little missy will sneak into bed about twice a week around 5:00am and finish her nights sleep cuddled up to her Daddy.  She knows better than to try my side of the bed, because I would send her right back to her room.  Greg however, doesn't even noticed she has climbed in and loves to snuggle with anything.



Here is Emma on her first day of Music Theater Workshop.  She was SOOOO excited to participate in Miss Jenee's program this summer.  It was two weeks, every day, for 75 minutes of rehearsing.  It was essentially like a show choir and she learned 5 songs with dance moves.  Her performance was last week and she was ECSTATIC.  I will have to post a few more once I get them from Greg's phone. 


Lara Dahl had a layover in Phoenix last week and so I got to meet the beloved baby Julia for the first time!!  She was just as cute as I imagined and it was such a treat to spend a few hours with them!!  Thanks Lara!!



Grant and a very messy ice cream cone.  Hey.  What else is there to do in the hot Arizona summer?


These next pictures are so blurry.  Stupid camera.  Here is the Adams Family at a dinner we threw last Sunday to honor all of the summer birthdays and welcome Jamie and Gina to Arizona!!  It was so fun to all be together. 


Grant pushing Taytum in the stroller.  He was having so much fun pushing all the big kids around.  It was darling.  We ended the night with a cousin dance party and it was hysterical.  So great to get together.

Hope your summer is also sizzling with fun!!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

You have been busy! Do you have video of Emma's Musical. I would love to see that!

Unknown said...

Oooh...send me those pics of my visit, please! I just love that Emma sneaks into bed with Greg and that he doesn't notice, and that Grant is pushing the baby stroller around, and how jealous can I be of that grand piano!?!?!

Unknown said...

Did I mention I'm jealous of that grand piano? Send me your pics!!!