Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Rachel visits Arizona!!

Emma has recently learned the acronym "BFF". Best Friends Forever. She now likes to refer to many different friends/family as her BFF. Super cute.

My BFF from childhood in Kentucky, Rachel Kearl, came to visit us in Arizona. The last time she has been to Arizona was my wedding, almost 10 years ago, and we were SO happy to have her!! The kids were thrilled to have a visitor in our home.  So thrilled that it appeared that I never let them interact with anyone else besides our family.  Haha.  They followed Rachel around like parasites.  She could not go anywhere or do anything on her own, because Emma and Grant were constantly by her side.  She was so kind to them and such a great sport to have small children constantly stuck her.  And Emma told everyone that her Mom's BFF was visiting from Washington D.C.

We took a very short hike to show Rachel some of the Arizona desert.

Rachel brought the kiddos some cute gifts.  One was a pink feather boa for Emma, which she has not let go of since receiving.  What would a hike be without a feather boa?


Thankfully, I had Rachel's support during church!  It was nice to have another adult on the bench with me!  With Greg in the bishopric, there have been a few difficult Sundays, flying solo.  Grant was VERY interested in cuddling with Rachel.


Rachel also bought the kids a book and was happy to read it to Emma in bed.
We took a tour of Arizona Temples on Sunday.  Here we are outside of the Gilbert Temple.



And Sunday evening, I put Rachel to work helping make all of our neighbor gift Halloween treats!


I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful friend, like Rachel.  She is such an incredibly kind, hilarious, intelligent, generous, loving woman and I hope that someday I can live up to her example.  We are so glad that she took time and money out of her busy schedule to come and spend the weekend with us!!

2 comments:

MBK said...

You make me smile. BFFs, indeed. How kind of you to host and how kind of Emma to teach Rachel how to use her (Rachel's) phone in case she got lost going to the dentist. You really have remarkable children and a very good husband. Again, you make me smile good woman.

azandersens said...

Wow! I can't get over those neighbor treats! Wow.