Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It all started with Ethel and Elmer...

We had the opportunity to attend the Ethel and Elmer Foutz family reunion last weekend. It is still amazing to me that so many people could come from ONE COUPLE!! Isn't it fun to think about future family reunions that will one day stem from us?

The family reunion was in New Mexico and was Emma's first long road trip. It took us about 8 hours to get there because little miss fussy had to stop and eat a few times. She also extended the trip by graciously choosing to pee all over the back seat while Greg was changing her diaper. She did MUCH better on the way home and it only took us 6 1/2 hours.
We drove to New Mexico with Greg's mom (Linda), which was nice for Emma, because she had someone to play with her, read to her and sing to her in the back seat. Here Emma and Greg are with his mom and Grandma Bernie (Linda's mother). This was the first time Emma got to meet her Grandma Bernie and BOY did she love her!!
Here is Emma with Grammie Lou and her twin sister Brenda.
Emma's cousins had a pony, so Emma got to take her first pony ride!! Neither the pony or Emma were very excited about it, but I had to get a picture!
Emma and Mom chillin' in the hotel room after a long day of meeting lots of family!

12 comments:

Regan said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun at your family reunion. And that is the cutest picture of Emma riding on the little pony!

Emily Lauren said...

How fun!! I love family reunions, though the long car rides with babies are rarely fun :) She's a pro on the horse- and is looking so much older. We'll all have to get together soon, my summer school is over at the end of the week- YAY!!

Matt said...

You think an 8 hr trip to New Mexico is long? Try having Shauna pee all over the back seat every couple of time zones on a cross-country trip! Sheesh!! 30 hours gets stretched out to like 40 or 50 between the bladder control and the fast food cravings!

Leah said...

Emma is super cute on the baby horse. It is amazing to be related to so many people! Glad you had such a good time.

crystal said...

Yeah for family reunions! We are going to Cortez...want us to say his to Greg's fam? I LOVE Cortez!!
I love the pony picture :)

Sarah and Trent said...

Welcome back, we missed your bums. Cute pictures!

The Adams Family said...

I'm so glad you all had a good time! I'm sure Bernie was so happy to meet her. And how cute for Emma's first horsey ride!

Ashlee said...

Hands down the horsey ride pix was my favorite-Hahahaha! Her face was classic! Glad you had fun. Can't wait until you come to visit us again!

Jackie said...

LOVE IT! Man I'll bet you girls were pooped after seeing all those family members- what fun it must have been. Clearly another reunion need to take place when Emma can truly appreciate a pony--haha. I love how the pony's face had to be held too :)

Brandon and Natalie said...

How fun to spend time with family! I love family reunions. Your little Emma is getting so big!

Jessica said...

That pony is awesome. My girls would love that. Funny how drastically road trips change when you have a baby!

Tamara said...

Emma is so cute on that pony. Just screen her from that picture when she gets older and birthday time rolls around. You don't want to provoke any ideas, right?

I love family reunions! Looks like you guys had a fun trip.