Monday, August 18, 2008

Tribute to the Olympics

Anyone who knows Greg, knows that this kid LOVES the Olympics. So, for the past 10 days, we have parked our big booties on the couch, watching the pristine athletic prowess of international sportsmen/women, while Greg and I argue over who's turn it is to get the cookies, chips and soda. We've got spirit, yes we do! We've got spirit how 'bout you?

While doing some Olympics research, I came across an event, that has sadly been discontinued. The event I speak of is SOLO synchronized swimming. I'm sorry, WHAT? Who exactly are you synchronizing with sweetie? This exercise in stupidity sneaked its way on to the O-list in 1984, only to be cast out in 1992. What a shame.
Emma has been participating in her own Olympic events. She and her cousin Tyler received Bronze medals in synchronized drooling and sitting.
Emma also received a silver medal for SOLO synchronized sitting. In practicing for this event, her mother only let her fall and hit her head twice a day on hard floors or sharp corners. PLEASE. You mean to tell me that she could actually do damage to that "orange on a toothpick" head of hers?
Unfortunately, though Emma made the Olympic team in eating, she was not able to qualify for the final round, because she does not eat her cereals very well. Only wants those fruits and vegetables. Lucky for Greg and I, she was able to pick up a product endorsement contract because of her baby breast cleavage (see below pic). Should get us a nice rest home some day.
She brought home the GOLD medal in the "Hop on Pop" event and sent all the other competitors home crying.

Anyone else feel like the Olympics are basically over now that Michael Phelps has won his EIGHT gold medals? All the hype for that... and NOW WHAT? Bring back SOLO synchronized swimming and then we'll talk.

15 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

You never know, Emma may "cry (herself) to sleep tonight on her huge pillow." We have been loving the Olympics, too. I know Jeff will be sad to learn that there is no solo synchronized swimming. He has been a fan of any type of synchro since Casey Taylor took it up in high school (ask Greg if he remembers anything about that).

I am going to go ahead and award Kyla the gold medal in the heavyweight division of the eating event. That girl is a wonder.

Brandon and Natalie said...

We have been loving the Olympics here too. I love the pictures of Emma, so cute. What a huge accomplishment of sitting by herself.

Greg and Lara said...

Oh my goodness, you are seriously the funniest blogger (and person) I know. Thanks for the good laughs. I want to be just like you when I grow up!

Bonnie said...

We've loved watching the olympics, and you're right now that Michael Phelps is done it's just not as fun. I was hoping they'd have a little more coverage of ping pong, myself. Also, Emma is so cute, I love all the pictures!

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Count me in as another fan of your blog Tammy! I love your comments, can you hear me laughing in KY way out yonder? :) Tara just found out she is having a boy!!!

Allyson & Jere said...

Ok seriously, you're too funny and clever for your own good. Thanks for making me laugh out loud. The baby cleavage? For real! And I agree, it's no fun now that the swimming is over, and if I can't have solo synchro, then WHAT is the point?!!

Erin-lou said...

i love it, you crack me up. I think we should be judges...i know i have plenty of comments about who should win, and who didn't point their toe, and how they don't perform up to their degree of difficulty. They act like its hard!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You're hilarious. I am very upset because I don't even have clevage like that. What a lucky girl! BTW what is she eating in that picture. Looks like the rest of that razzleberry pie!! :)

Gina said...

Anna loves the baby cleavage pic. However, she likes it because of the "chocolate goatee like daddy".

We have been MAJOR OLYMPICS followers too... however, ever since Phelps won his last 8 we have not even turned them back on. I agree... what is the point?

We love you and miss you!

Tina said...

Pretty sure we've put on a few pounds during the Olympics, we too have been glued. Although, haven't been as interested since swimming and gymnastics ended. Micheal Phelps stole the show. That Emma is sure a bundle of joy. Loved the cleavage. You go girl!

Smelsha said...

Tammy, your blog entries are not creative, not funny and contain too many pictures of Emma. I expect some improvement in the future. ;) I hope you know what that wink means. :)

Ashlee said...

We haven't checked your blog in a while and were pleasantly surprised by all the wonderful posts.
Ashlee's comment: We miss that cute Emma

Jeff's comment: Are you kidding me, you are being too kind by referring to her head as an orange on a toothpick. More like a bowling ball :) Love you!

Callister said...

You're such a fun blog-poster. I love all the pics of Emma. She is a doll. I miss the Olympics already...

Amber Marcum said...

If I miss Emma and TyTy this much, I can't imagine what mom feels!!

Crandell Fam said...

Seriously, you are hilarious. I love reading your blog!