Monday, November 3, 2008

Red Lobster

We had a wonderful Halloween week with our darling red lobster. She actually really enjoyed her costume because it gave her plenty of extra appendages to chew and suck on.

The day before Halloween we celebrated by exercising with my "stroller strides" class. You can see Emma in her costume in the bottom right of the picture.
Here we are carving pumpkins at JJ's house. Greg did a beautiful job of carving and Emma and I supported him by eating Halloween candy.

Halloween night we stopped by Greg's parents to show off the lobster and wish his mom a Happy Birthday! We wandered over to the neighborhood party with cousins Taytum and Kasyn. Here is Emma with Taytum in Grammie's wagon. Why is it that kids look so much bigger when they can sit up in a wagon?

She could not get enough "mirror time" with this costume on. Anytime she caught a glance of herself in the mirror or window, she would crack up laughing.


Greg and I purchased $5 lobster hats online and wore them on Halloween to become a red lobster family. Cheap and easy, just the way I like it.

As a side note, our little angel is growing and developing like CRAZY this week. This week alone, she learned to crawl, wave, clap and dance to music. Here is a little video of her MAD dancing skills. ENJOY!!



22 comments:

Melanie&Skyler Cont. said...

I could dip her in butter and eat her right up... and I don't even like lobster. But I do love this one. Maybe you could overnight her to me for a day of under the sea fun for me. :) Miss you guys.
Melanie

2 + 2+1 = 5 said...

I can't wait to meet her...I could kiss her all day long!

I love her lobster look :) Cuteness!

Stace is one of the guys behind Stroller Strides success...(as in he taught the lady the marketing side of things)

Heather B said...

She looks so dang cute in that costume, I love it! I love her dancing too. And most of all, I love that cute look she gives you at the end of the video that says, Ok, I'm done now. Cute, cute, CUTE!

Jessica said...

I love little kids dancing! She's a doll!

Bonnie said...

What a cute costume! I love the dancing too, adorable!

Erin said...

She is seriously too cute!

Erin-lou said...

Roman couldn't take his eyes off her. I think she inspired him to bust a move. I am so sad about missing the last stroller class. I think we should continue to work out together, you are fun to be miserable with.

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Your lobsters costumes were great! She is just so cute! LOVE IT!

Kristy F. said...

That costume is seriously adorable! What a great idea to go as a lobster family. She is so cute!!

crystal said...

She is so stinkin' CUTE!! I love the costume. BTW, I am jealous about Hawaii! Glad you had such a great time...you have beautiful pictures :)

Smelsha said...

Oh my, I seriously thought she was going to break out into the snake. Awesome! What a cute little lobster too!

Ashlee said...

My oh my! That girl has got rhythm although she seems very serious about her moves. I love that cute smiling face in that red lobster costume.
Yeah for firsts!

azandersens said...

The lobster is cute with her crawling. Don't want to be pg-13 rated, but is she trying to do the spank?!

Corinda said...

I love her moves! Can she teach Aliya how to dance over Christmas? I also loved the lobster gig--what a great costume.

Tamara said...

You guys are a riot. A lobster family? Oh, wow. Priceless. Yay for Halloween and an excuse to dress up our babies even cuter than normal. Your little prodigy is just adorable. Can't wait to meet her!

Regan said...

You guys look so cute all in your costumes! You are so good for dressing up, Johan and I never dress up, just the kids, so good for you!

Laura and Joseph said...

So cute! I love the lobsters, and that it was a whole family thing. I have to say, the dancing was my favorite part. Your girl has some serious skills... good thing her mom knows good dancing music. I love that song.

Amber Marcum said...

Ok...when Laura sent an email of the Hawaii pics...I couldn't look at them because of jealousy...then I was forced to look at them on the blog! :) That's ok...we just were supposed to go this summer. We had an envelope that said "Hawaii fund" on it for like 2 years and we'd put all our extra money in it...and in the end...we still couldn't afford it. Se la vi! It'll still be there! But, I am happy for you...really...what a wonderful vaca! Love you!

Greg and Lara said...

I love her dancing moves! I can just see her little mind working, "What does this thing do?" as her hand waves violently to the right of her. I'm supposed to be listening to Prokofiev's cello concerto for a rehearsal tonight, but who wants to listen to the d#$% cello anyway?

meg said...

too cute! great costumes. i know what you mean about the wagon, too. i feel the same way every time i put grey in a shopping cart. congrats on the crawling and clapping, emma!

Brandon and Natalie said...

ADORABLE! I love the costumes. She made such a cute lobster. The video, how funny. She knows how to dance.

April said...

Don't you just love dressing that cutie up! I love Hawaii, I want to go back and I love the Hawaiian Leis. I wore one like every single day.