It was a fun evening and the guys sang well. Especially well considering they rehearsed ONCE and have not sung these pieces since last year. The videos below shows a few rough spots, but overall they did a beautiful job... as they always do.Here are a few videos for you 259 DIE HARDS. :) The first is "Go Tell It On the Mountain". The second is Greg's "Silent Night" solo. He's a little sad it was not his best performance - but despite a few tough high notes - it is amazing. The last video is "Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel". I apologize for the shaky video, a dancing 11-month-old was on my lap kicking her legs wildly with delight.
14 comments:
i can see why emma was dancing. i'm have a little skip in my step just typing this comment! i thought the videos were awesome. i have always loved your voice and greg's voice. i think i'm now a 259 groupie!! I thought Greg's solo was beautiful. did you just want to tell the lady that kept walking in front of you to SIT DOWN!!!
Way to go Tam Bam, you're so quick to post the festivities. I'm sad we had to miss the festivities. But you know, popular social calendar and all, hahaha. Thanks forf posting some pics and videos, now I got my 259 fill.
Oh, thank you for doing this! I mean, I've heard those songs plenty of times, but it's always fun. We always love to hear Greg. And, yes boys, we're sad you're lumped in with Voice Male...but what are you going to do?
Drew thinks these guys are at least as good as Rockapella. But seriously, it was so fun to hear Greg sing since we weren't there in person. Excellent job!
How fun for us to listen to their voices! AWESOME! Thanks for posting so us KY folk can share in their talents! Miss you!
You're totally a way better groupie than me...I didn't even take a still photo. :)
Great Job Greg! We are way proud to have a 259er as a brother-in-law! I do wish I could've seen some of Emma's sweet moves though:)
No no, he is definitely not like the group from The Office. More like lawyer Ted from Scrubs. See this fine youtube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxAcWYp7v3Y
David
That was fun to watch. It has been way too long since I have actally seen them perform (I think the last time was when they were here performing in Nauvoo)!
"Too bad so sad. Should have thought of that before you started the ACAPELLA GROUP." I laughed so hard at that. Sad I missed this. We were at Shane's company party watching his fellow workers get sloshed and make total fools of themselves singing 80's kayaoke. They didn't really seem to mind. I don't get it. REALLY wish we could have been there. :(
DEFINITELY amazing, we love Greg's voice!! And Tammy your violin version of Silent Night was oh-so beautiful in Relief Society too. I think since Greg's bud forgot the guitar part you could fill right in, you 259 groupie! You two are fantastically talented.
Glad you posted those, Tam. Have you ever seen "The Break-up" with Jennifer Anniston and Vince Vaughn? Let's just say that it wasn't only Andy's group that gave accapella a bad name.:) I love that show, btw. We were sad that Jeff couldn't make it, but he kind-of had an obligation with his own 1-man accapella group.
WOW! Awesome! Thanks Tammy for posting the videos! I felt like I was there... annoying people walking in front of me and everything!! haha! LOVED IT! THANKS!! Way to go GREG!
Is it okay that I still giggle whenever I hear "259?" You are the envy of every 13-year-old, Tam! :)
Post a Comment