Greg left for work this morning, like he has done for the last THIRTEEN MONTHS since Emma has been in our home. But this morning, she screamed when he left and clamored at the door for his return. It was during this lovely dramatic moment that I knew it was time for this post. You see, my daughter is a "Daddy's Girl". Really, she has been since the beginning, but it has become more pronounced the older she gets. How have I come to this conclusion, you ask? Below are the reasons...
- She looks like him. Cute eyes. Long lashes. Big Head. Adorable cheeks. HUGE two front teeth with a gap. It's all there. (See picture above)
- She sleeps long and hard, just like her Dad. So grateful for this similarity!!
- She loves mandarin oranges, just like her Dad. When I say LOVE, I mean they could down an entire can in one sitting.
- When she is hurt, she crawls straight for him.
- When she is in a room with the two of us, she only wants him.
- She eats better for him.
- When he leaves for work, she gets noticeable sad and when she wakes up from her nap she looks around for him.
- She has a very laid back, easy going personality, just like her Dad. We'll see what happens when she hits her teen years... the "Tammy" genes may kick in. Let's hope they don't.
- She likes to sing when he sings and gets OOBER excited when she sees him singing on stage or at the pulpit.
- She HATES the cold. I think they both believe they could DIE in temperatures below 60.
How blessed I am to have a husband that can pass on wonderful traits and characteristics to our daughter and love her so much.

13 comments:
Wow. They really look so much alike! I had no idea :)
How cute that she's so attached to her daddy. And that she got so many of his wonderful traits- sleeping, laid back personality, singing ability :)
Beck's so excited to see her tomorrow. He keeps talking about her. . .
That's nutty that they look so much alike. Cute post. Ummm hey, no fair doing fun playdates without us.
You know that behind you and Emma, I'm probably Greg's number 1 fan. :) Posting a little boy picture of him is just no fair. The cuteness of the two of them nearly exploded my screen!! I loved reading about their similarities. It just confirmed to me that Greg and Emma are adorable and I want to pinch their little cheeks. :)
Emma is absolutely beautiful. And yea for Daddy's Girls. Then maybe they'll leave you alone for awhile!
I can't believe how much they look alike! What cute pictures. Brooklyn is a complete Daddy's girl, too. It's really nice at 2 in the morning when she wakes up and goes straight to him...I don't mind then! :)
She is sooooo CUTE, I love her.
Yep, I am so glad y'all found that picture. Every time I see a pic of Emma I am thinking I am looking right into the eyes of GREG!
Anna is definitely a Daddy's Girl. She left a voice mail on my cell phone the other night... "Daddy".... *pause*... "I really miss you".... "come home to me"... *bursts into tears*.... *Gina comes in*... "it's okay honey"... *hang up*.
However, Isaac is MOMMA'S BOY! He won't hardly give me the time of day, but he will light up like a Rockefeller Christmas Tree when Gina walks in the room.
Wow, love it! Little Greg is so cute!
What I would give for one of my children to be a daddy's girl (or boy). Kyla is the closest, but she still loves me more.
You know Tammy, that's a great thing to have. Now when you go out with friends you don't feel so bad. I love it.
ahhhh what a lovely little tribute! how fortunate to have such a great daddy for your little sweetie pie! You done good Tammy, marrying that Greg. We just loved it when the choir was singing and Emma just stood up and pointed, saying dadadadadadadadaaa super loud.
There is no question who her daddy is and how much she loves him. Cute post. I love how much girls admire their dads!
I love it that she's a Daddy's girl. Both my sister and I were major Daddy's girls as children. I even remember being made at my Mom for awhile as a child because she had married my Dad first. :)
I love those pictures. She really looks like him!
I don't know what it is with daddies and baby girls, but I could have written this post myself. Ditto to everything you said and what Emma does. EVery one of my girls prefers dad and eatd for him and cries for him and if you have ever heard the crazy screech of "Daddy!" during sacrament meeting, that would be Whitney as soon as she catches sight of dad up there.
And Emma can only hope to have your fun personality when she gets older. She is one lucky little girl!
Post a Comment