
Greg and I have reached a very pivotal point in our family. We are taking the bold move of purchasing our VERY own, more than $25, seats more than 4 people, not made of plastic, not free with the apartment, non life threatening leg chairs KITCHEN TABLE!! We have no idea where to start shopping. Suggestions please? We'd like to stay under $1500. And while I'm getting your professional wisdom and advice, do any mothers out there have a preference on diaper brands? I'm still living on baby shower diapers... but they are about to run out. THANK YOU!

NO - this is not Greg or anyone that I know. Found the pic on the internet and thought it was amusing.
15 comments:
I would suggest IKEA for a table only because I don't know what else you have there in AZ. Have fun shopping. I hope you find the perfect one! About diapers...we've tried all brands and the winner at our house is the Parent's Choice ones from WalMart. I swore I wouldn't buy generic diapers but these work better than the expensive ones...so why be proud when you can have a few extra bucks to buy a treat. :)
Hey Tam-I'm with Brooke on the table. If I had to buy one today, I would get it from IKEA. If I had to buy one today and I had money (ha ha), I would get it from Pottery Barn. About the diapers..we used EVERY kind, cheap and expensive, just to see what was best. We used Pampers Swaddlers until size 2. They are much more expensive, but very soft and cozy on the tush. We like Costco's Kirkland brand for sizes 3 & 4. I actually buy Parent's Choice from WalMart most of the time. They are cheap, work fine and my kid doesn't care. They get thrown away anyways. Hope this helps you any.
We went with a name brand diaper at the beginning, too, because of leakage issues. Have you tried Luvs? I like them, sort of a mid-priced compromise. But I usually go for whatever is cheapest once we get to size 3. Bring on the generics!
First - all your pictures of Emma are so cute. I so miss having a little baby to snuggle and cuddle (3 year olds don't really want to cuddle that much).
As for diapers - I really like the generic you can get at either Sam's Club or Walmart.
And how fun you get to buy a "Real" kitchen table! Oh, I am so jealous. We live in a little condo that has no room for a kitchen table. Yes, that is right - we have had no kitchen table for 4 1/2 years now! It's a good thing we have a big bar in our kitchen! Since I don't live in the valley I don't have any good suggestions but have fun looking.
She is such a cutie! And a little chub-a-lub too! Are you giving her pure cream, Tamee?
Costco home store has great furniture and I have seen some nice ones for decent prices there.
As for diaps, we use the Kirkland brand till the babe is bigger--then I love Huggies. I'd rather pay a little more then deal with leaking diapers. But you really just have to figure out what works best for your kid. Every baby's tush is different!
We have always used Costco brand, but they are only a little cheaper than the name brand at Costco. But we like them--the elastic waistband and the velcro-y straps.
We bought our table at RC Willey... I don't suppose they have those down there. I like Ikea, but some of the chairs of theirs seem a little ... flimsy. That's just me, though. Good luck!
La
For furniture I will tell you not to go to Ashley furniture (horrible, wretched place!) Good luck with your hunt, how fun to get new furniture.
As for diapers I like huggies, pampers or costco. I think huggies are better for girls and pampers better for boys. Mmostly we just use the costco brand, other store brands always seem to give my kids a rash.
I've always been partial when it comes to diapers. I'm a fan of Luvs because of the price and protection. If you don't care about spending more money, than Pampers are great too. I'll usually get either of those, depending which is on sale. Generics work ok, but they never did quite that good with Madi and it just wasn't worth it to me to have all that extra laundry. Hope that helps!
I have seen some cute things at IKEA, but I wasn't paying to close attention to the kitchen tables.
We love the huggies diapers. They have fit our babies the best.
The costco diapers are great too and I think they are pretty similar to Huggies. I have tried generic ones and they just don't work well for our kids.
Since Huggies are a little bit more on the pricey side for us, we use Costco diapers in the day and use Huggies Supremes or the Huggies overnights(they start in size 4)at night.
One thing is for sure, don't go generic on the wipes. They are not soft at all. Hope this helps.
There is a store in Gilbert at Higley and Ray that is great. It is called Cortate Furniture and my friends family run it. It is great and has the best prices.It is Pottery Barn quality with Ikea prices. 480-633-1201 Good Luck!
No suggestions on the table, but had to say how much I loved the picnic table picture. Very classy!
I love that you ask for other mother's advice. I will swallow my pride someday,admit that I'm not the know-it-all mom I thought I would be and I'll ask for other's advice too.
As for diapers, I tried them all. I love the smell of Luv's (weird I know),and I wish I loved the cheap Walmart brand but I thought Huggies were the best. I love that it has the elastic band ALL the way around the back and not just where the tabs attach...I think it holds in some explosions a little better (Ian's used to always creep up his back). Now that Ian's a little older and little more 'solid' if you know what I mean, I don't think the brand really matters as you're not dealing with as many leaks (I still buy huggies though). Good luck in your quest!
GO TO CORTATE!! We just barely bought a gorgeous table from them. I absolutely love it! Basically I just found a picture out of Pottery Barn of a table that I loved (the table without chairs was 2,000). They had one that was just like it. I got the table and 8 chairs for $1,000. The table is really good quality, very heavy (I can't even move it once it's up) and I couldn't be happier! Seriously, go to Cortate. It's right by our house so I'll even watch Emma since she's such a handful right now (ha!)
I'm a fan of Luvs myself.
Since others are giving diaper advice... I live White Cloud Supremes at Wal-Mart, the Sam's ones work great (no costcos here in Montana...) but I NEVER buy the cheapest diapers when it comes to generics. The stores usually have the "generic" and a "generic supreme". The regular generic ones are horrid and bunchy and leaky... but the "supreme generic" ones work just as well as the pampers and the huggies and the luvs... I've tried the ALL... ::sigh:: BTW- I am glad to know that my kids aren't the only ones who will only nap in their beds... My 7 mo. old is now starting to nap better in the car seat, but only if it's "dark-ish"... ANd Church can be PRETTY challenging when Aaron is off with the Stake doing his calling and I have an almost 2 year old and a 7 mo. old to wrestle with because it's nap time for both of them...
I am excited to habe your blog to read up on... I love reading them... I need to update mine... Maybe I'll do that right now... Great idea :)
Post a Comment