Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Riot Against Word Verification

My very intelligent friend Laura taught me how to delete the annoying word verification feature off of my post section. Previously, I did not think I had an option, but believed I was being forced into the word verification world. If you choose to use word verification because of spam- that is fine. However, I have chosen to delete this extra step for my readers. If I start to get spam, I guess I'll engage my word verification pal. If you are like me and didn't know you could stop the insanity - I'll pass along the instructions my great friend Laura (THANK YOU LAURA!) sent to me. Log in to your blog site's dashboard, select settings, select the comment section, scroll down to the question "show word verification for comments?" and select NO. Seriously no pressure here to conform - but I thought I would help out those of you in my computerly challenged boat. Sail away friends!

8 comments:

John and Laura said...

Hooray!! I was secretly hoping a few of my fellow bloggers would choose to conform when I wrote that post... Thanks! Ü

John and Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Callister said...

I decided to have the word verification on my blog because I was getting random comments such as "Look here" and then there would be a link to a pornographic page. Is there a way to not to have the word verification and still not get spam?

Callister said...

Also, I really enjoy the music you have on your page. Normally I turn the music down on most blogs because my brain can't handle hearing lyrics and reading posts at the same time. Nope, not with yours. I crank it right up. Thanks for the classical!

Greg and Tammy said...

YIKES Nicole! If I start getting anything inappropriate, I will certainly use the word verification again! That is scary!

It's Been a Day! said...

i hated these things. Thanks for taking it off!!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Thanks for the tip! I just took off word verification too after reading so many posts about how people don't like it.

Heather B said...

Good post. I can't tell you how many times I have had to type in the word like, 12 times, and still not get it right. Emma is GORGEOUS!!!!! Just in case you needed to hear it again.