For 8 wonderful days, we enjoyed the company of my youngest brother (by 18 years), Glen. Affectionately called "Little Glen", by those of us that are "Bigger". It was his Spring Break and he chose to entertain himself in Arizona with his sisters. I think he chose wisely.

If you've ever seen a parasite in action, you can visualize Emma with Glen. She stuck to him like glue and preferred him over Mom, Dad and BELOVED Aunt Laura. Who wouldn't want a handsome 13-year-old uncle to be your entertaining monkey for a week?

We did so many fun things together. I kept telling Glen that I felt like I was on Spring Break as well, because I got to play all week. Here Emma is swinging with Glen at our ward play group. We went swimming twice in a heated pool, so that Glen could come home with a enviable tan.

We went to an Easter activity at Fry's... that was smaller and less exciting than planned...but fun to mock anyway. Here Emma and Glen are posing for Prom. A crazed Fry's employee who had an eerie affection for little girls chased us into the parking lot when our activities were completed to tell us that our picture would be printed in 30 seconds. She insisted that we just HAD to come back in to get it. OK. Alright already. Just leave me and my baby alone.

We enjoyed a gorgeous day at the Phoenix Zoo with
JJ and Alexander.

We rode the
lightrail downtown, ate at Hard Rock Cafe (Glen's favorite) and tried (unsuccessfully) to attend the LOONY STATION they call FREE first Friday's at the Children's Museum.

We saw "Monsters vs. Aliens" at the drive-in movie theater in Scottsdale. For those of you that have forgotten about these lovely establishments it is PERFECT drive-in weather these days. And not too bad to get TWO movies for $6.25.

We celebrated Glen's 13
th birthday at
JJ's house, see this AMAZING cake she made him? Mine would have been courtesy of Costco, so he is lucky that
JJ volunteered her talents. We enjoyed the weekend packed with General Conference and lots of yummy food.

We colored Easter Eggs... and Emma with her current
obsession with balls, spent the whole time saying and signing "ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball...." until we finally broke down and gave her some of our decorated eggs. This obsession was also a problem when we went mini golfing at
Golfland and she screamed
every time we took a golf ball away from her to hit. Why can't they just spare ONE EXTRA golf ball for my daughter? Really? Are they that expensive?


After our failed attempt at the Free Children's Museum Evening, we decided to brave the $9 admission fee. It's nice, but probably not the ideal spot for a 15-month-old and a 13-year-old. We had fun nonetheless.


Mini-Golf $7.00
Movies $6.25
Food $70.00
Children's Museum $9.00
A Thank You Note Left on the Guest Room bed - PRICELESS
THANK YOU UNCLE GLEN FOR A MARVELOUS WEEK!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!
12 comments:
I want to have a little 13-year old brother! Glen is adorable. :) What a sweet boy to want to come out here and hang with his older sisters. I love your family. Looks like you had so much fun together. Glad the week was so nice. And the thank you note--so precious!! :)
That is impressive that he thought to leave a Thank you note! I don't know many 13 year old that would do that. Glad he had fun but Spring Break in Utah would've been fun too!!!
Love you!
Are we sure the prom shot is of Glen and Emma, or is it Emma and the bunny? She is sure close with that bunny!
How fun--and I agree with Ashlee-I mean, I always knew Glen was awesome, but that thank you note goes beyond awesome!
How fun to have a little visitor. I bet you all had a great time.
AH good ol' Vitamin G2 sounds like such a fun kid. I bet you're not mad at your mom anymore for having him. :)
Cute pictures and a whole - latta- FUN! I like the picture of Greg deorating the egg - such determination.
Is that little Glen??!! Wow, we knew he'd be hansome, but grateful and thuoghtful too. He looks like he is adorable with Emma, who is adorable. By the way, I've figured out that she looks like mama Krebs, which means she'll look like Tammy when she grows up....a very good thing.
Ok, I don't know any 13 year old that leaves thank you notes, so KUDOS to your parents on teaching that. I mean seriously, how adorable is he? Looks like you had a fabulous week and Emma got extra spoiled.
Tammy...you are looking HOT MAMA! I BLEW my diet (well, who am I kidding, I'm not dieting) but I sure PIGGED OUT for Easter. It's a holiday, right? :) But, seriously, you are smoking! Glad Glenny could visit, but we're glad to have him back. :) he he ninner ninner
A note... really... what did your parents do SOOOO right? I mean... you turned out "okay"... but they seemed to just get better and better with the younger ones :) WE LOVE Little Glen!
I love your Brother..."little Glen" how cute is he. I am so glad Alexander and I got to play with you guys.
Post a Comment