40 pounds of apples + 30 pounds of chicken =
22 pints of diced and cooked chicken breast
7 quarts of sliced apples ready for desserts
12 pints of applesauce
2 VERY sore feet from standing in the kitchen
Emma desperately needed some new summer clothes as the billion degree Arizona summer has hit us in FULL FORCE. Went to K2K and found all of these darling outfits and pajamas for $50. That includes the darling Fisher Price Farm pictured in the corner, which is now her VERY favorite toy of all time. I love ME a good deal, especially when they make my darling daughter look even darling-er. :)
I mean truly obsessed.
She insists on putting them on FIRST thing in the morning, and when she sees another pair of her shoes lying around, she insists that I take off the current pair and replace them with her new find.
When she sees them on other people, she incessantly shouts, "shoe, shoe, shoe, shoe, shoe, shoe, etc..." until you show her that she too is wearing shoes.
I am a VERY practical shoe woman, with various GENERAL styles to match most outfits and I have been known to super glue my shoes together to help them last yet another season. Where did my daughter come up with this obsession?
In this picture she has tried her feet in Daddy's shoes.
Pretty big shoes to fill Emma. In more ways than one.

6 comments:
What a cute girl...Ellie loves shoes too. Today I laughed when I watched her trudging around in Jonah's cowboy boots!
She is darling! And good for you, making all that food.
I want to know more about your chicken canning. I'd love to learn how to do that. Is it similar to canning fruit at all?
And Emma? Beautiful girl. Just like her mama.
And here I was just getting ready to make my own shoe post...
We'll be coming over in case of emergency.
I love Kid to Kid, too. I rarely shop elsewhere. Especially when I have clothes to sell back (most of which were given to Damon and are therefore name brand and what they are looking for).
A girl after my own heart. How I love shoes.
Post a Comment