We have enjoyed one of our best summers EVER. Wanna know why?
We enjoyed the company of these darling faces below for 6 weeks!!

Jamie and Gina (with kids Anna and Isaac/Blue) trekked out from Austin at the end of June for her grandfather's funeral and ended up enjoying themselves so much they stayed for the summer. It has been incredibly fun and entertaining!
You can blame them for my lack of blog posts. We've been having too much D*** fun! No time for blogging. :)
We decided to celebrate our birthdays (Greg: July 24, Tam: July 26) up in the mountains at my Grandparents cabin. It was an excellent idea. Escape the blazing heat and celebrate combo birthdays??!! NICE.
We made home made pizzas for Greg's birthday (shown below).

And the kiddos decorated his cake.

And then we partied it up!! Celebrating his 34
th birthday in mountain air style!!

Darling Anna with Grant. She was such a caring and helpful cousin. Always asking to hold him and feed him and play with him. Super attentive, which Grant LOVED.

Oh man, I love these kids. Just melt my little heart. Makes me sad just looking at this picture and thinking of them 1,000 miles away. :(

We took a day trip to the fish hatchery and stopped by a stream to dip our toes.

Oh yeah. And did I mention Rob came up too? He always makes things SUPER boring.... so we decided to throw him into the mix. Not a mistake.

This is why they pay him the big bucks people. Jamie in all of his creative glory.

And then came my birthday. I went down for a nap and woke up to the entire cabin decorated in STYLE. (yes, the sign says TRIX, it's my nickname endowed by J&G - don't ask.)

Rob painted my portrait. Very becoming I'd say.

And how can you possibly enjoy the mountain air without an
IPAD? :)
I'd blame Emma on hogging it, but I think she played it all of 10 minutes. Her Mom played "Words with Friends" most of the weekend against Jamie and Gina. Yes, we'd sit around the kitchen table with our respective electronic gadgets and play each other in scrabble. Loads of fun. Guess we could have gotten out the scrabble board, huh?

When it was time for us to leave on Tuesday, we decided that we wanted to stay longer. So, Greg and Rob went back to Phoenix, and the rest of us stayed and enjoyed more glorious weather, wonderful thunderstorms, and relaxing cabin life.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA......
It was a perfect birthday week!!
3 comments:
I'm glad you had fun celebrating in the cool weather! We will have to play words with friends. My name is brookesoup.
Why is it that I always seem to respond in one way to your posts....JEALOUS! An entire week in a cabin with jamie and Gina, AND Rob. That is way too much fun wrapped up in one place. Also, SIX weeks they were here and somehow I managed to see them ZERO. Boo! So glad you had such a fantastic birthday and wonderful summer. You deserve it.
Glad the birthday celebrating was so much fun! :) Love the portrait and Greg's cake. Both done by preschoolers...
Post a Comment