Friday, August 12, 2011

Miss Prissy Preschooler

I did it.

I sent my first child off to school. And nary a single tear shed (from either of us).

This picture was taken by her teacher on the first day of Happy Apple Preschool and I think her content little smile says it all.


I imagine it goes a little something like this in her brain -

"Hale-freakin'-lujah! My Mom is finally letting me out on my own! I've totally been ready to do this for years. Now I can meet more friends and shake my pesky parents always following me around. Hope they serve fruit snacks for every meal. If the teacher ever needs help, I'll be happy to boss everyone in the class around."

Emma was seriously SO EXCITED to attend her first day of preschool on Thursday. I had my camera out ready to take a picture with her teacher, but once Emma left the car, she ran to her teacher shouted an enthusiastic "HI!" with a hug, and then sprinted toward the playground.

Didn't even look back to offer me a goodbye.

ALLLLLLLLLLLL these years of love and attention and I didn't even get a wave.

To drown our sorrows (and new found two-some freedom) - Mr. Bubbers and I went to the happiest place on earth (or circa Tempe).

Costco can heal all wounds.

And when she came BURSTING through the front door of the preschool, she looked anxiously around for my familiar face and then came RUNNING into my arms to tell me all about her "amazing day at preschool".

Preschool and Emma were made for each other.

As long as she keeps her sass under control - this should be a good year.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Emma was SOOOO ready for preschool! She's going to love it!

Brooke said...

Oh my! You had me laughing so hard. Great post!

Corinda said...

Way to go Emma! That's great!

Hilary said...

Tammy, she is A-DORABLE. It's so weird letting go of those kids. SO great and SO awful.

But more great. ;)

Dani said...

Abby started a few weeks ago and I (um... I mean she) LOVED IT!!! She did the same thing as Emma, barely said goodbye. I truly relish my 3 hours, 2 days a week. Oh happy day :)