Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Heart Day.

Our Valentines Day was super fun! I just love being a parent when holidays come around and Valentines Day is no exception.

Cupid comes to our house and leaves little gifts for the kids, and then Mom and Dad also buy one gift for each child. I let cupid give the silly gifts and we give the good ones, because DANG! if Santa doesn't steal all my glory at Christmas time. I'm gonna get some appreciation at Valentines. :)

Here is the loot for the kids. We leave cut out hearts in a trail leading from their rooms to wherever the gifts are stashed.  Greg was the cutey who made the giant hearts out of posterboard and hung them from the ceiling.  Isn't he swell?



I tried to make heart shaped cinnamon rolls and eggs for breakfast... but the cookie cutters weren't the very best so the just "resemble" hearts.



I did manage 2 cute hearts in Emma's hair.  So I was proud of that!  Emma was so excited because she got to go to preschool on Valentines Day and they were having a party.  I volunteered to be a classroom helper at the party and Emma was beyond thrilled and proud that I was coming to school.  I am going to relish the appreciation now, because I know before long she will not want me at school with her.


Our new Valentines tradition is heart attacking the doors of each family member every day leading up to Valentines Day.  It was really fun to do this tradition and made everyone feel special.  Little Emma was especially excited when she would think of one and write it on her own.  Sometimes she would even sound it out on her own which made for some interesting spellings.



Here is a funny story about the "fun" heart.  The picture is of Emma and Greg dancing.  Cute, right?  Well, when I asked Emma what the second circle was under Greg's head, she replied, "his belly".  My SIL pointed out that at least the belly was smaller than his head... so not too bad.  :)  haha.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

You.are.out.of.control. Which is what makes me miss you tons! I need me some Tammy Lovin'!