That's right! You read correctly... I won free concert tickets on the radio! Pretty exciting, huh? In fact, they were selling for $30/ticket and I won TWO! Before you get too jazzed about my lucky streak, I must confess that I listen the KBAQ, Arizona's classical music station. So, the free tickets were to world renowned violinist Nadja Salerno-Sonnenberg. I have heard multiple amazing recordings of her playing and was thrilled when I happened to be listening to KBAQ when they were giving the tickets away. Luckily, I also have a husband who wasn't TOO disappointed that the tickets weren't to U2 or Jack Johnson and happily agreed to be my date.
The concert was last night and my wonderful sister Laura watched Emma for us! We walked in and realized we had brought the median age down by 40-50 years. The show started by dedicating the performance to the MANY patrons who had passed away in the past year. By the looks of the crowd, Greg and I were surprised none of them died during the concert. Anyway, the concert was FANTASTIC! Her tone and grace and style were amazing. So my plug? Give KBAQ (89.5FM) a chance! You could win free stuff! :)
10 comments:
Awesome!!! Winning tickets on the Radio is going to be put on my list of "Things to do before I die".
Glad you enjoyed yourself!
I actually love KBAQ but I've never heard them giving away tickets. My kids are used to the classical music by now but the other day I was driving the carpool from school and the boys in the car were not huge fans of opera. It was funny!
Good for you, a great night out on the town with your honey!
Sounds like it was right up your alley and hey, a free date is a free date! Glad you had a great time!
I won a CD off the radio when I was 18, welcome to the winners club!
That is hysterical. :) Most of the callers in to KBAQ were probably trying to get their rotary phones to dial faster. But you're so clever and quick. Hhehehe. Just teasing. I love KBAQ, but it is a funny mental picture to think of that theatre with nothing but white hair everywhere you turn. Glad it was a fun night out.
Congrats tammy. Sounds like a fun evening. I glad everyone made it home safe and sound.
How awesome! Send some of that luck our way, huh?
It is always uber cool to win something on the radio!
I'd of paid the 60 bucks for Gina and I to go with you! Sounds amazing!
Post a Comment