Monday, April 27, 2009

Yet ANOTHER Krebs Family Lawyer!!

My family has a very serious DISEASE. It is called "wanna-be-a-lawyer-itis". It appears to be extremely genetic, but can also be highly contagious to spouses of original Krebs children. There are FIVE married couples in our family (including adopted brother Sean). Out of the FIVE married couples, there are now FIVE lawyers. An illness? I'd say so.

This past week we went up to commiserate, uhhh... I mean celebrate, yet another lawyer joining the family. Jeff graduated from BYU's law school!!! YEA!!

Could someone PLEASE help my sister marry a doctor or dentist? I mean, seriously, how much legal advice could you REALLY possibly need in your life from one family?

Here is Emma with cousin Ben at the graduation... look very hard and long at this picture, because it's the only one where she is pleasant.

Name that apostle. Fuzzy shot... yet pretty obvious. His grand-daughter graduated in Jeff's class. Always fun to have a celebrity around. :)

Here is Jeff with his graduating class. I focused in on him, and made the rest of his class blurry with one of my fancy schmancy tools on Picasa. We had a wonderful time with Jeff and Ashlee and their boys. We also loved having most of Ashlee's family with us. You just can not have more fun than a Newell/Krebs COMBO!!

And here is the family shot. My parents came out from Kentucky to celebrate. Poor Emma was sick the ENTIRE time. I took her to Urgent Care our first day, where the IDIOT doctor promptly diagnosed her fever and severe congestion as a "bladder infection". If you are saying, HUH?!? right now... you are not alone. I thought the same thing and took her into a pediatrician the next day where she was diagnosed with an ear infection and lung issues (again) due to allergens.

It was a pretty rough trip for her. And a pretty rough trip for me. I now rank traveling with a sick child right up with #1 - Child Birth #2 - Root Canal #3 - Public Flogging. Yep. It was that fun.

Here is Tyler giving Emma hugs. The boys were SO SWEET to her, despite her grouchy disposition and whiny attitude. She is lucky to have such great cousins!

Fell asleep in her stroller - something she has NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER done before. I knew she must be pretty bad to pull this stunt.

Due to my camera malfunction (see previous post entitled "water and electronic gadgets don't mix"). I missed out on photo opportunities with many other people. I had a very short reunion with some of my BYU gals and Courtney was kind enough to let Emma and I crash at her home for 2 nights. Melanie made some luscious breakfast rolls to send us on our way Saturday morning and we had a GREAT picnic with extended family in Provo.

To those I didn't get to see... I AM SO SORRY... with a sick child and a crammed weekend of graduation activities, it was difficult to schedule in everything. I'm sure we'll be up again soon. Utah seems to beckon me back every year or so.

I'll leave you with a WINTER image. Not just any winter image. This was the winter image we saw outside of our window on Saturday when we drove home. WHAT THE?? I thought it was almost May?? Glad to return to my sunny AZ.


6 comments:

Alex, JJ, Zac...The Lorenzen's said...

I am so glad that I was present for a Newell/Kreb Combo weekend. :) Always fun...sorry Emma was sick and now you don't feel well. love you.

Don and Robin Cooper said...

How fun for your family! Congrats to Jeff and his wife! Loved the pictures of Emma and Jeff's boys...to cute!

Kristi said...

Congratulations to Jeff! I'm so sorry was sick. I COMPLETELY am with you with the child birth, public floggin, sick kid, etc. It's the worst, that's for sure. Glad she can be back in her own crib now. :)

Ashlee said...

Thank you thank you thank you so much for coming! I know that it was a bummer to have sick Emma but she still is SO cute ...even when she is lethargic :) I have to get those pictures from you!

Jennifer said...

Bladder...ear...could have been anyone's mistake. Just let me know which urgent care you went to so that I can avoid it next time I'm in Utah with a sick child. But she does look darling asleep in her stroller.

Unknown said...

LOVE those thighs, baby! Not yours...the kid's.