Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First Day of School

You remember those professors in college who would gather large rings of sweat under their arms visible for the whole class to see?
That was me yesterday.

It's KARMA I tell you. All those years I used to make fun of my teachers and their nasty sweat rings. What goes around, comes around, my friends.

Other than the mortifying sweat fest, my first day of school, in my new role as college teacher was PERFECT. FUN. EXCITING.

As sung by the one and only "Annie" - I think I'm gonna like it here!

10 comments:

Glen Krebs said...

Didn't your mother teach you about deodorant?

Lana said...

For some reason I can't see you EVER mocking a teacher Tammy! :) Glad it was fun despite the sweat...were you stinky too? Or just regular sweaty? :)

Leah said...

If it had been me I would have had a chest ring too! Yay for a successful first day! May your semester proceed the same!

azandersens said...

Tam, Arid XX Dry. Changed my life. :)

meg said...

Oh, that karma, gets you in the end. i still wish i could have been in your class--even though it's a little late for me.
am I the only one who read this title and immediately expected to see a picture of Tammy with some sort of sophisticated bag (in lieu of a backpack) on her front porch, ready to go to her first day of class?

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

You are SO adorable! What I wouldn't pay to be a student in your class -- those freshman don't know how lucky they are!

Kelli said...

Oh to be a student in your class, and re-pay you for all the nice things you did to your teachers back in the day! :-)
Good luck, and have fun!

Sarah and Trent said...

hehe... yay way to go! After that first class it's ALLL super easy, downhill coasting. :)
I'm so glad Emma was ok~ how terrible!!! Poor poor little lady! Wow, awesome Greg.

Dixiechick said...

Totally appreciated this post because Shane, as a teacher, has said sweat rings ALL the time. Ew. Luckily he's cute. And so are you, so no prob. Glad your first day went great!

Greg and Lara said...

Ha, ha! The joys of teaching! I thought I was going to pass out from heat exhaustion yesterday. Glad you enjoyed yourself!