(BTW - the pic is from a hiking Superstition Mountain on Sat with Laura and Brynn)
- She is obsessed with "Princess and the Frog". I found some little bath tub books at the dollar store and she carries them with her around the house. I downloaded some of her favorite songs to the IPOD and she requests them all day long. When they start to play, she dances without a care in the world.
- Emma has discovered the joy(?) of making yourself "toot". If one slips out she will laugh hysterically and then turn red in the face trying to make herself toot again. Thank goodness she is still in diapers.
- She really loves putting together puzzles and will spend hours trying to make them fit together. The horse passion has also ceased to subside.
- She and I have found the joy of 1930's Mickey Mouse cartoons on You Tube. They are all under 10 minutes long and I enjoy watching them as much as she does. They bring back some SERIOUS memories from my childhood. No, I wasn't raised in the 1930's (NO DOY!) - but they were shown as re-runs on the Disney Channel when I was little. Check it out sometime.
- There is an awesome SNL skit with Adam Sandler and Chris Farley where Chris's character exclaims, "Ravioli! Holy Canoli!" - so, whenever we feed Emma Ravioli we exclaim the same. Evidently Emma has picked up on this. When I told her I was making guacamole the other day, she promptly retorted, "Guacamole! Holy Canoli!" I laughed so hard she repeated it all night long, waiting for my laugh.
- She has learned out to do a somersault in her dance class. It took her a week to get it down, but now she is very proud to show anyone who will watch.
- Emma has watched me give myself IVF shots in the stomach a few times and the other day, I saw her with her shirt lifted and her Donald Duck Pez Dispenser at her belly. When I asked her what she was doing she replied that she was giving herself a shot in the belly like Mommy. Wouldn't the world be a better place if shots were distributed via Pez Dispenser? Nice idea Emma!
- She sang her first musical number at the Westchester Retirement Center with Greg and I. I specifically chose "I am a Child of God" knowing that it was one of her favorites and most comfortable. Greg and I brought her up with us. She stared quietly for the first few lines, and then began to confidently sing along as we finished all three verses. The elderly people loved it and Emma was very pleased with her performance. I'm sure we'll have plenty more opportunities to sing together as a family.
- While watch March Madness basketball games, Greg and I would frequently yell at the TV "Come on Kentucky!" - as Emma's favorite thing about Kentucky is the Kentucky Derby, she quickly came up with her own yell of "Go Kentucky Derby Basketball!". Now if that wouldn't be a sight? Horses playing basketball? Take that Duke! Try and win the championship now!
- We've been reading little kid scripture stories with her for awhile. The other night, she was exhausted and I was hammered as well. I thought I would just throw her in her PJ's and plop her in bed, until her little voice said, "and read scriptures and say prayers". Pretty sad when your 2-year-old has to remind you to do the important things.
- I created a little photo book of all the Apostles so that General Conference could be more interesting for her. She is VERY invested in knowing people and their names. We are still working on most of their names, but she did get down the First Presidency and when President Uchtdorf started speaking she about passed out in excitement. I think she may have a little crush.
- Much to our dismay, she has started a mild obsession with garbage trucks. She was on a walk with my Aunt Sharron when the garbage was collected on her street. Emma was so animated when she described the "long arms" and the "empty trash". She now makes Greg sing her songs at night about the Daddy Garbage Truck and the Baby Garbage Truck. I told Sharron I was gonna blame her if she went into "Waste Management" as a profession.
- She has an amazingly impressive memory with music. I am playing "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" in Tempe Symphony and decided to show her the Fantasia version on you tube. About TWO weeks later, I was listening to the music on my IPOD and when she heard it she came running up to me asking to see Mickey and the brooms. How could her little developing brain remember that piece of music from so long ago and correctly associate it with the video even when the video wasn't being shown? And she did it again, with a Norah Jones song that she heard once and then recognized two weeks later. Crazy how able their minds truly are.
We hope to add another one to our family with the IVF process coming up. The surgery is schedule for this Thursday. I take my last pre-surgery shot tonight and then we'll see the doc at 8:15am for show time! My body seems to be taking the added hormones a little too well, and there is some concern than it could make me exceptionally ill. We're praying for the best. Amazing what we do to bring these little balls of energy and love into the world?!?
5 comments:
It's so fun to read about Emma. It makes me wish we were a part of your lives more. You are in my prayers and I hope all goes well Thursday. If you are down and need some cheer, give me a call! Love you!
It is amazing what we will put ourselves through for our children! And it's so worth it! Lots of prayers are being sent your way!
Love Emma so much. She has a million dollar personality. Praying praying praying for your IVF...
Oh man, I love this post bc I love that kid. My favorites are the Apostles bullet and the prayers and scriptures bullet.
PS: Emma, you're not alone-- almost every woman in the church has a crush on the 'Silver Fox.'
I adore the idea of pez dispenser shots. Maybe then I'd actually get my allergy shots like I'm supposed to! Tell Emma she's a genius.
Post a Comment