Friday, April 9, 2010

Sometimes it pays to be cheap!

Greg and I saw this guy in concert last night - FOR FREE.

My family decided to buy a ticket to the Michael Buble concert for my sister Laura for Valentines Day. When they asked if I wanted to be her "date" - I told them I didn't really want to pay $90 to see him in concert - so we asked her best friend Brynn to fly in from LA to attend the concert with Laura. Laura was thrilled!

Yesterday Greg called me to say that the law firm's box seats for the Michael Buble concert had become available - would I like to go? Um. YEAH! Heck Yeah! So a special thanks to Fennemore Craig who graciously sponsored our evening. Their box seats are pretty much the closest box seats to the concert stage. IT ROCKED! Nice to be super close to the performer, but my favorite perk of the box is the private bathroom and free snacks/drinks. Simple minds. I know.

I scrambled for a babysitter (THANK YOU ZAC and JJ!!!) and at 8pm we were nestled into our box for the concert.

I do think Michael Buble has a great voice, and I really really really LOVE his original songs. But, I didn't know what to expect from his concert. Let me tell you, next time he's in town, I'd pay the $90 out of my own pocket. The concert was fantastic. I was PLEASANTLY surprised to discover that he is quite funny and a true entertainer. He had me laughing pretty hard at times. Who knew? Not me. Made for a very amusing concert.

And he really sang AWESOME! I always respect a performer more when I hear them LIVE and it sounds better than their recordings. Sign of a TRUE musician. I still love his original songs best and get a little bored when he sings his "covers" - but my SIL Ashlee informed me that this is what they do in their jazz/crooning genre, so I'm willing to accept the copycatting with some pieces of originality.

Thanks Michael for an enchanting evening and thanks Uncle Fennemore for footing the bill. Guess the law firm life isn't so bad after all. :)

10 comments:

Ashlee said...

I can't believe that after all that teasing you got FREE tickets!!! I couldn't have said it better-he is a true performer! Although he did a little too much "sliding" around the stage for my taste. Did you notice that??? Love you!

Heather B said...

That is so freakin awesome!! Yay!

Corinda said...

That's awesome. Makes me hope he comes in concert our way sometime soon. :)

Kristy F. said...

The Law firm thing is a great perk. It does suck when your hubby is the partner of his own firm though. It basically comes out of our pocket no matter how you look at it. :) haha. Glad you and Greg had fun.

Allyson & Jere said...

Awesome! How fun for you, and you deserve box seats, 'cause your cool like that.

Jeff Krebs said...

He did do the Michael Jackson thing, sorry to burst your bubble. Why else would they have a hat ready to throw into the audience. Did you like naturally 7?

Erin said...

J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!!

Ashly said...

I am so glad you got to go and have a night out at an awesome concert! Drew really should get get a job at that fancy firm.

Jill said...

maybe a little jealous.

jakenapril said...

buble for free? well i'll be. so flippin' envious of you and your night out...but i'm sure it was well-deserved. glad you had a fun time. :)