I find it hard to believe that my baby girl is 6-years-old, but we are so grateful that she is in our family!
The day BEFORE her birthday we enjoyed a great trip to the zoo with Jaylee, Kyler, and Ashley Mascorro.
And an outing to the dollar theater to see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2". Wow. Really bad movie people. Please don't waste 90 minutes of your life by watching this. I'm usually pretty forgiving of kids movies, but DANG… this one was BAD.
This kind turtle statue was hanging outside the theater.
LOVE Emma's New Years Resolution. This says so much about her.
"My New Year's Resolution is I want to play with my friends".
Shouldn't we all have New Years Resolutions this simple and achievable?!???
Emma's birthday fell on a Saturday this year! She was SO excited to have her Dad home ALL DAY on her birthday!!
She woke up to the traditional colored pancakes. She chose a "pink" number 6 for her pancake.
She had group Suzuki that morning as well. I thought perhaps she would not want to go… but she was VERY excited to go to group violin class. I think she was thrilled to get as much attention as possible. We stopped by the grocery store on the way and bought her a big birthday balloon and a bunch of donuts to share with her class afterwards. She was REALLY happy to share the donuts and everyone even played Happy Birthday for her!
The teacher had all the kids play their violins flat on their back to show what their proper posture should be when they are standing tall.
Then we got ready for the big birthday party at Sharron's house! We hosted family and friends for a small party in Sharron's backyard. We did Krazy Sub sandwiches and cake and ice cream. We planned a few short games, but most of them flopped and everyone ended up playing on the Sharron's fort. :)
They opened presents from so many people and received so many kin gifts. It was very fun for them!
Emma and Taytum on the slide!
A huge thanks to Sharron for letting us have the party at her house!! Always a good time to be had at Sharron's home!!
Dearest Emma,
You have grown up so much this year! I keep telling everyone that you have made HUGE strides while being in Kindergarten. Your behavior has improved tremendously. You are very helpful around the house. You "mostly" obey what your Dad and I ask you to do. You are so kind to your younger brother and take care of him so well. I love to hear you play your violin. You have been playing for just over a year, but you have made a LOT of improvement and have become quite a good little player. Sometime we argue when you are practicing because you want to do something your way and I think I have a better way, but we end up working through it, and I admire you for your strength. You have the most wonderful teacher ever for Kindergarten, Mrs. Earnheart. She LOVES you so much and can not say enough good things about you. You have excelled in school. You are so smart, you are one of the top 2 readers in your class and you are very good at Math as well. You have not had any behavioral issues at school and set a great example for all of your friends. Your favorite friend at school is Delaney, but you also love to play with Charlize, Katelin, Ava, Brady and Dylan. You are still so creative and come up with wonderful games to play with your brother. You love to play school and I can always find you writing something in a notebook for a special activity or note. Just a few weeks ago, I woke up to find that you had written special notes and drawing for EVERY SINGLE kid in your kindergarten class. I thought that was really special that you would care about them that much to take time to write them notes. You told me that you were really going to miss them. I'm sure they will miss you too!
I feel so lucky to be your Mom. You are a strong willed, intelligent, talented young lady and I know that you have great things in your future.
I Love You so much,
Mom














No comments:
Post a Comment